$100 million for cultural facilities
The public-sector investment acceleration plan provides for investments of $100 million in the cultural sector for the following purposes:
Construction, modernization and renovation
The public investments will make it possible to:
- build or renovate cultural venues (libraries, museums, performance halls, and training, production and dissemination centres);
- upgrade the specialized facilities used in training, programming, dissemination and conservation activities in the various networks, including those used by Québecs national institutions;
- contribute to restoration work to ensure the safeguard, protection and enhancement of our national heritage, including places of worship.
Book and reading policy
As part of the book and reading policy, one of the major focuses of which is the development of the populations reading habits from a young age, the investments will:
- contribute to the enrichment of book collections, multimedia documents and other sources of learning, in close partnership with all municipalities and their public library networks and with early childhood centres.
Québec museum policy
As part of the continued implementation of Québecs museum policy:
- contribute to accelerating the renewal of exhibitions in museums throughout Québec.