The government has made autonomy of the regions the central focus of their development.
- Creation and funding of regional conferences of elected officers (CRE)
- Transfer of the responsibilities of local development centres to regional county municipalities
- Injection of $3.8 billion into the agreement on a new fiscal and financial partnership with the municipalities
MONTRÉAL: $900 MILLION UNDER THE AGREEMENT
QUÉBEC CITY: $300 MILLION UNDER THE AGREEMENT
- Continued signing of the 91 agreements under the national policy on rurality, which will total $280 million
- Creation of regional economic intervention funds (FIER) to facilitate funding of enterprises in the regions