The Ministère des Finances has begun work to ensure that this site complies as much as possible with the XHTML and CSS standards recommended by W3C. In addition, ongoing effort is devoted to improving the site’s conformance to the government Web accessibility standards (French only). To date, despite the implementation of transitional measures, the site does not fully meet the requirements of Standard SGQRI 008-01.
To improve access to the site, certain recognized accessibility standards have been implemented:
- organize the content of each page on the basis of a hierarchical structure of titles and subtitles;
- provide a textual equivalent for images;
- differentiate between the content and the structure of their presentation by using client-side style sheets (CSS);
- allow users to change the print size on the page using their browser features;
- use codes and valid style sheets.
At present, the following content does meet the standards in effect:
- external links;
- downloadable documents (PDF);
- tables and charts.
The accessibility of this site was checked with the help of the following tools:
Firefox 24 and the following plugins:
- Firebug 1.12.8,
- Accessibility Evaluator for Firefox 220.127.116.11,
- HTML Validator 0.9.5.8,
- Wave Toolbar 1.1.6,
- Web Developer 1.2.5;
- W3C Validator (http://validator.w3.org/ );
- Color Contrast Analyser (http://www.colorsontheweb.com/colorcontrast.asp ).
Other useful links...
- Standard sur l'accessibilité d'un site Web (French only) (PDF, 1,26 Mo)
- Standard sur l'accessibilité d'un document téléchargeable (French only) (PDF, 2 Mo)
- Standard sur l'accessibilité du multimédia dans un site Web (French only) (PDF, 876 Ko)
Accessibility of downloadable documents
We wish to inform cybernauts who experience problems with certain documents that the Ministère des Finances will provide to all persons who so request the document or a part of the document in a medium better adapted to their needs.
If you need help while browsing this site, we invite you to contact us by email or by phone at 418 528‑9323.