- Information transmitted automatically
- If you transmit personal information to us
- Links to other websites
Please note that we do not place any persistent cookies on your hard drive when you visit our website. However, if a session cookie is required for navigation, it is stored in your computer’s random access memory and automatically deleted when you leave the site. In addition, we do not automatically collect any personal information, such as your name, telephone number or address. You cannot be personally identified from the information exchanged automatically between computers. This information is gathered solely to meet the technological requirements for Internet browsing. Certain information, such as the subject of requests, may also be used for statistical purposes.
When you access the website, information is exchanged automatically between your computer and the server of the site. This exchange of information is necessary for the server to send you a file that is compatible with the computer equipment you are using. The following information is exchanged :
- the Internet domain name (e.g.: “xyzcompagnie.com,” if you have a private Internet access account, or “university.edu”, if you access the Internet through a university), and the IP address through which you access our website (an IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet provider every time you use the Internet)
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our site
- the date and time you access our site
- the pages you visit, and
- if you access our site from another site (referring site), the address of that site.
Your personal identity is not revealed during this exchange of information. The Ministère des Finances keeps the information in order to have a record of the number of visitors, the pages visited most often and when they are visited, the technology used by the site’s clientele, the referring sites, and the countries of origin of visitors to the site.
Please note that the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec recommends that no personal information be communicated over the Internet or by email unless it is encoded. However, if you decide to transmit personal information to us voluntarily, by email or in electronic form, we will use only the information required by our staff to respond to your message or follow up on your request. The same confidentiality measures apply to the handling of electronic correspondence as to paper correspondence.
The personal information transmitted is not communicated to any other government body unless your request is addressed to that body or such communication is required by law. Under no circumstances is the information transmitted used to draw up user profiles or communicated to any private organizations.
Under the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information, you will be informed of the following if we request personal information from you:
- the name and address of the Ministère des Finances
- the use to which the information will be put
- the categories of persons who will have access to the information
- whether a reply is obligatory or optional
- the consequences of a refusal to reply
- the rights of access and correction provided by law.