Assumptions for the purposes of the Estimate Your Tax Burden Reduction Calculator
- The results are presented for illustration purposes.
- The calculator does not take into account all income, deductions and tax credits.
- Households may report only work income or retirement income.
- Income is limited to a maximum of $ 250 000 per spouse.
Exemption from the health contribution
- The Estimate Your Tax Burden Reduction Calculator takes into account the exemption of certain low-income households. However, if you have children, the exemption may be higher than the one determined by the calculator.
Assumptions concerning seniors
- Private retirement income (for example, registered pension plans (RPPs), along with registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) benefits and Québec Pension Plan benefits), must be included in retirement income, which cannot be split.
- In the case of persons 65 years of age and over, Old Age Security and Guaranteed Income Supplement amounts are added to the income entered.